October 07, 2016
Exciting news from PROPPER regarding the latest developments for the ACU-Army Combat Uniform.
ACU Model Uniforms have evolved over the years as needs changed and combat conditions called for new requirements. The Army recently updated the specs for the ACU, modifying the cut and functionality of the uniform and the camouflage pattern. While we hope to offer an ACU in the OCP pattern soon, we are making the construction changes in our existing line of Multicam and Army Universal ACUs now to reflect the new Army spec. Below is a detailed explanation of the changes:
9 Important Changes :
- Mandarin collar has been replaced with a fold down collar design
- Upper sleeve pocket hook and loop flap closure replaced with a zipper
- Pocket has been lengthened by one inch
- Elbow patch pad removed and hook and loop for patches removed, but double fabric reinforcement has been retained
- Sleeve pen pocket reduced from three pen channels to two
- Drawstring removed from waistband
- Cord and barrel removed from cargo pocket and replaced with button closure
- Knee patch pad removed and hook and loop for patches removed, but double fabric reinforcement has been retained
- Hook and loop on lower leg pocket flap replaced with button closure.
As the largest supplier of US military uniforms, Propper always strives to stay up-to-date on any changes to Department of Defense specs. The new ACUs will be available starting this fall under new item numbers: #F5289 for the pants and #F5495 for the coat. The older ACUs will be available while supplies last. A full transition to the new ACU will be complete by October 2019.
Click on the link below for product details :
LES Australia is a Direct Government and Distributor for the full PROPPER line of Apparel and Nylon Products, for Australia and New Zealand.
Contact us for more information and pricing : firstname.lastname@example.org
February 16, 2018
June 14, 2017